South Carolina Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
On This Page
South Carolina Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers
We Fight Injustice and serve to protect your loved ones
There are over 16,000 residents living in over 180 different nursing home facilities across South Carolina. Unfortunately, understaffing, improper training, and poor medical treatment can happen at these facilities. We understand these facilities are expensive for your loved one. If you loved one is a victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, or if you suspect they are, you should contact an experienced South Carolina nursing home abuse lawyer at Keibler Law Group to fight injustice.
What are common examples of nursing home abuse in South Carolina?
Abuse comes in many forms. Sometimes the abuse is intentional (like an assault or financial crimes) while most of the time it is the result of someone’s negligence such as their failure to act, recognize, or fix a particular situation. Some examples of negligent actions include:
- Development of Stage III or Stage IV pressure ulcer, known as bed sores
- Falls from beds, showers, or in common areas/hallways.
- Infections caused or worsened by deficient nutrition or sanitation
- Failure to recognize or treat infection
- Patient is improperly medicated
- Patient treatment is delayed
Examples of Nursing Home Abuse
Sometimes, the mistreatment of your loved one can extend far beyond simple neglect.
We have encountered cases of abuse which include:
- Physical attacks, emotional abuse, or sexual assaults
- Caregiver Neglect or Abandonment
- Financial Abuse, Theft, or Fraud such as stealing, selling, or otherwise taking advantage of your loved one.
What are common symptoms of Back & Neck Injuries?
Back injuries can be from car or truck accidents, workplace injuries, or for a variety of other accidents. Some symptoms of a back injury or neck injury include:
- Soreness/sore back muscles
- Tingling fingertips or toes
- Shooting pain that can go down your leg
- Bulging discs
- Increasing pain when standing, bending, or lifting
- For severe spinal injuries, symptoms may include:
- Loss of motor functions
- Numbess and loss of feeling in hands and feet
- Loss of bowel control
- Difficulty having intercourse
- Labored briefing
At Keibler Law Group, we take nursing home abuse and neglect cases serious – we investigate through witness interviews, seek camera and documentation evidence, and research prior evidence of complaints, violations, warning letters, and signs of repetitive administrative problems.
Often times, the incidents are not isolated and the issue is more foundational in the system – not just “one bad apple.” We work to help fight injustice for your loved one and to prevent any future victims.
What is a Contingency Fee?
How do I pay for the lawyer?
We work on a contingency fee basis meaning the victims we represent pay nothing at all unless we win. Once you receive money from either a settlement or verdict, we receive a certain percentage of that settlement or verdict. If your lawsuit is unsuccessful, you will not owe us any attorney fees. This allows the plaintiff to reap the rewards without risk of having to pay for a loss.